Friday, February 6, 2009

Eloise at LeCrans

After our week with the M & Ms, mom and I drove to the mountains--an area that they call the Four Valleys. The drive there was a nightmare, mostly because my mom is not the best driver in the world, especially at night, and because an entire highway was blocked thanks to an enormous accident. Luckily the GPS mom borrowed from Rani gave us another route but instead of taking us maximum 2 hours to the ski resort we were going, it took four. When we finally pulled in the new LeCrans hotel, in the super chichi ski town of Crans Montana, we were a jittery mess.

The Swiss hotel staff were seemingly nonplussed at their wound up, odd guests--a mother and baby with no skis---arriving in a crappy Toyota rental car. The first thing mom decided we needed to do once we were shown our room was to take a nice long bath. She let me run around nude a bit---only to regret it big time. I decided that the spa-like bathroom was the perfect place to take a #2. Hey--at least I did it in the right room! Give me a break. I'm not potty trained yet. Anyhow needless to say my mom was not psyched. All she could do was wipe it up with a bathmat and hope that the staff didn't think she was the culprit.

She also wasn't so psyched to bathe with me anymore. Whatever--I had the whole fabulous jacuzzi to myself.

One night at this place costs more than $700 so I figured they could work for it. Our room was cozy and cute--like an alpine jewelry box--but pretty darn tiny. I guess the Swiss people haven't heard about the economic crisis yet. Mom and I worked it while we were there though. I pigged out at breakfast and took over the dining room with my new baby doll.




2 comments:

suzbabu said...

Girl, you DO get around...and down and dirty, too!
Don't worry, when you are a teenager and your Mom is trying to embarrass you with this story, I will be sure to share a few of HER classic adventures. For example, the parents' weekend sweatpants....

Ezra Bean said...

#2 on the bathroom floor, one of my favorite moves! Mama thinks I'll enjoy the diaper freedom before the bath and BOY DO I! Let it fly girl!